Thrasher Group started with humble beginnings in 1975 as a family-owned and operated organization. Our purpose is to redefine the industry and make experiences remarkable for our customers and employees. As we grow, we continually create and improve upon our solutions we offer customers. We are seeking an experienced Senior Accounting Manager to be responsible for the owner’s portfolio of holdings and investments. As an organization we believe in running our business with an Evergreen approach. That means we will remain privately owned and make long term business decisions on who we want to be 100 years from now, not solely quarterly gains/profits. If you are seeking a family oriented and rewarding work environment – apply today to join in our pursuit!
- CULTURE ORIENTED: 5 years as Omaha’s / 2 years as Wichita’s Best Places to Work. 2021 Recipient of Baird Holm Sustained Excellence award, for repeatedly ranking in the top three in the Best Places to Work in Omaha.
- INTEGRITY: Omaha’s only 4-time BBB Integrity Award Winner, Best of Omaha 2014-2021 winner.
- GROWTH: 25% of our employees are promoted each year.
- BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision insurance; 401(k) with profitability match – 5% for 15+ years; 3 weeks paid time off & 7 holidays; company paid life insurance; paid paternal / maternity leave.
- CONSOLIDATED MONTHLY FINANCIALS: Prepare, analyze, and distribute monthly financials for portfolio of holdings and investments to owners. Perform accounting functions and maintain financial records for various real estate and property entities. Responsible for consolidation of monthly financial reports for all Thrasher Venture entities (LRE, Sure-Dry, TFS, Hello Garage Omaha, and future entities) including coordination amongst respective entity controllers to drive timely closings. Serve as the lead accounting, payroll, and benefit integrator for future entity acquisitions.
- TAX PREPARATION & COMPLIANCE:
Responsible for handling all accounting activities, including property taxes and miscellaneous expenses, for real estate holdings and coordination of associated tax filings.
- MONTHLY BOARD MEETINGS & FAMILY ADVISOR SUPPORT: Responsible for planning and preparing monthly board meeting accounting material and assisting in coordination of other participants’ meeting material. Assist Family Advisors in treasury functions, expense reporting, and tax preparation activities.
- TAKE CARE OF FAMILY: Risk Management Activities for Owners (Insurance Functions, Premium Allocation, Processing, Annual Renewals). Property Management / Facilities Management (Accounting oversight of operating, maintenance, and improvement activities). Bank Relationships (Covenant Maintenance and Associated Meetings with Lender). Total Compensation Oversight Assistance (Health Insurance, incentive compensation plans, 401k, etc.)
- KNOWLEDGE: Minimum of four (4) years of experience in G/L, AR, AP, Payroll and balance sheet reconciliation. Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance. Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and regulatory compliance. CPA preferred, but not required.
- SKILLS: Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and regulatory compliance. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.). Skilled with other Microsoft Office applications including Outlook and Word. Understanding of enterprise ERP systems. Equity compensation accounting experience preferred. Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
- ABILITY: handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over all tasks. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
At Thrasher, we redefine our industry not only for our customers, but also for our employees. We highly value our employees and strive to make our company a great place to work. If you think you’d be a great fit on our team, we’d love to have you apply. EOE