Thrasher Foundation Repair is a growing family-owned residential construction business specializing in waterproofing, foundation, and concrete repair solutions. At Thrasher we believe fulfilling work creates fulfilling lives. That’s why our employees have voted us as a Best Place to Work for over 5 years. We are seeking a motivated Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our accounting team! This role helps to ensure we provide outstanding care for homeowners to help us achieve our purpose –to redefine the construction industry - so that we can continue to stand out as a leader in the construction world.
- CULTURE ORIENTED: 5 years as Omaha’s / 2 years as Wichita’s Best Places to Work. 2021 Recipient of Baird Holm Sustained Excellence award, for repeatedly ranking in the top three in the Best Places to Work in Omaha survey.
- INTEGRITY: Omaha’s only 4-time BBB Integrity Award Winner, Best of Omaha 2014-2019 winner.
- WORK LIFE INTEGRATION: our work schedule is predominantly Monday- Friday to allow time with your friends and family.
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT / GROWTH: we strive to promote from within! Additionally, offer leadership opportunities & boast a 25% YOY promotion rate.
- BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision insurance; 401(k) with profitability match – 5% for 15 years; 3 weeks paid time off & 7 holidays; company paid life insurance; paid paternal / maternity leave.
- CASH APPLICATION: Accurately post customer payments in various systems by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions. Apply payments to customer accounts in various systems. Research and resolve payment discrepancies. Communicate with customers regarding payment matters. Research and validate or resolve credit balances on customer accounts. Maintain accurate bank deposit records.
Ensure accurate billing to our customers, including investigating and resolving irregularities or issues. Timely invoice customers and process invoices through various systems. Research and resolve billing inquiries and issues. Work with other employees to answer questions and resolve issues.
- COLLECT ON PAST DUE ACCOUNTS: Monitor accounts to identify past due invoices. Proactively coordinate and communicate with necessary parties to ensure timely collection. Follow up with customer on payment when account is past due to request and encourage payment. Maintain complete customer communication logs and customer records that set the rest of the organization up for success.
- VARIOUS A/R DUTIES: Critically think about the customer’s experience and take necessary steps to make it a remarkable one. Receive customer payments via various platforms, including but not limited to depositing checks, initiating credit card payments, and facilitating ACH transactions. Make customer collection attempts via phone, text, and/or email. Maintain complete customer communication logs and customer records that set the rest of the organization up for success. Reconcile revenue accounts between various systems. Provide reports where necessary.
- MINDSET: Desire to challenge the status quo to redefine the construction industry.
- EXPERIENCE: Experience in customer invoicing and collection is preferred. Proven experience in detail oriented role and consistent work history. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- REQUIREMENTS: Ability to meet the requirements of a background check.
At Thrasher, we redefine our industry not only for our customers, but also for our employees. We highly value our employees and strive to make our company a great place to work. We offer a fun and family-oriented environment, provide the tools and training you need to get the job done the right way, and a competitive pay and benefits package. If you think you’d be a great fit on our team, we’d love to have you apply. Learn more at www.gothrasher.com. EOE