At Thrasher, the work we do is our legacy and that’s why we lead with a family culture that promotes ingenuity and autonomy. That philosophy and mindset inspires us to continually become better by challenging the status quo and believing more is always possible. For that reason, our employees describe our culture as challenging, fulfilling, engaging, fun, rewarding, supportive, and a family feel to name a few. Our Training Department is key in helping our employees grow into better versions of themselves. That’s why we are seeking an Instructional Designer to create content and curriculum to support remarkable training experiences for the company.
- CREATE CONTENT & CURRICULUM: Create, update, and maintain course content that enhances retention and transfer of learning. Design curriculum that meets learning objectives of training programs. Support creation of courses and learning plans in the Learning Management System. Create documented learner’s and/or facilitators guides to correspond with training materials. Partner with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs. Implement and maintain a structure for storing training documents in a centralized manner.
- TRAINING DELIVERY: Implement various learning methods companywide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, e-learning). Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process. Consistently promote our employment brand through all training and development programs. Research and execute on new training methods.
- GROWTH: 25% of our employees are promoted each year.
- BENEFITS: Health, Dental, Vision insurance; retirement plan with profitability match – 5% for 15+ years; 3 weeks paid time off & 7 holidays; company paid life insurance; paid paternal / maternity leave.
- FAMILY FEEL: 5 years as Omaha’s / 2 years as Wichita’s Best Places to Work. 2021 Recipient of Baird Holm Sustained Excellence award, for repeatedly ranking in the top three in the Best Places to Work in Omaha survey.
- INTEGRITY: Omaha’s only 4-time BBB Integrity Award Winner, Best of Omaha 2014-2021 winner.
Minimum 2 years of experience including instructional design, multimedia development and project management. Bachelor's degree in Communications, Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent preferred.
- SKILLS: Demonstrated ability to apply principles of adult learning, and various instructional design approaches and processes to the learning experiences and solutions. Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. Prior experience creating, editing, and adding content to Learning Management Software.
- ABILITY: THIS ROLE IS NOT REMOTE AND REQUIRES THE ABILITY TO WORK IN PAPILLION, NE. Ability to communicate technical concepts and processes using clear and simple language and visuals. Proven ability to write engaging and effective training to provide essential knowledge and teach key behaviors. All offers are contingent on submitting to and passing a thorough background check.
At Thrasher, we redefine our industry not only for our customers, but also for our employees. We highly value our employees and strive to make our company a great place to work. We offer a fun and family-oriented environment, provide the tools and training you need to get the job done the right way, and a competitive pay and benefits package. If you think you’d be a great fit on our team, we’d love to have you apply. EOE